Thursday, March 15, 2018

Sweater Weather Quilt

sh9

This is Shelly’s Sweater Weather quilt and the pattern can be found in Quilty Magazine, Nov/Dec 2017 issue.  The designer Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts did a great blog post about her design here.

sh10

Shelly added her own applique designs with the tree and moose on the sweaters, so cute!  Definitely not ugly sweaters!   I used Flurry for the panto and I actually spent some time figuring out how to get the large snowflakes to line up in the toques!  The batting is Quilters Dream Blend and the thread is a grey So Fine.

sh11sh13

We had lovely blue sky today but as usually a bit windy making the photos a challenge.

sh15

sh16

Still lots of snow here but it is melting fast!

sh17

I had a nice surprise last Friday night, I finally say Northern Light for the first time since moving to Ontario.   They can’t compare to what I use to view up north but it was really nice to be out taking pictures in the middle of the night in my pj’s! ;)

nl20

One nice thing about our new house is I have a large window in my bedroom and was laying in bed when I noticed the green glow outside.  I was able to watch them for about an hour before they disappeared.

nl21

3 comments:

  1. very Cool! The quilting and the northern lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow,lights, and the quilt, superb panto for that design. fits it to a "T".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt! I actually made one too, it was fun! So nice to see the northern lights in your blog again!

    ReplyDelete