Sunday, October 29, 2017

New Ironing Table

iron2

This week my husband made an ironing table on casters for my quilting room and I love how it turned out!  I came up with the design and Tim did the wood work.  While I was at our retreat at Fabriculous last week I purchased the fabric and paint for the project.  The fabric is Dashwood Studio’s Norrland fabric and the paint is Cobalt Blue Plaster Paint.  I’m so happy I went bold with this project as I love this fabric, its so unique and the blue give it a wow factor.

iron3

iron1iron4

When I’m not using it I can just tuck it against the wall.  Now to find some fun baskets for the shelves and I can use it for more storage. Feels good to see my studio coming together.

iron5

I thought I would also share a few pictures of my neighbours horses as they made a daytime appearance.  They were quite curious with what I was doing but didn’t mind me taking their picture!  We had our first snowfall on Friday which made for a beautiful backdrop.

horses2horses6horses1horses4

12 comments:

  1. The ironing station turned out lovely. The fabric is so unique and cobalt blue is always bold and beautiful. Wonderful horse captures amid the backdrop of snow. Enjoy your new studio and your very cooperative photoshoot subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wouldn't want to iron on that table...it's just fantastic! The fabric and the blue...perfect! Well done! And you get to look at those beautiful horses, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ironing table.......of course you won't actually use it because that fabric is to pretty to get all messed up! How lovely to have horses so close and a magical backdrop your your fabulous photo's...........oh I'm dreaming of winter, a white winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo! Boy, do I love what you did with your ironing table! So pretty. And you got some fantastic photos of the horses. That's the best way to "have" some - live right by them and enjoy their presence and sociability without having the expense and responsibility for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow, just like it was further north. Your ironing table, a beauty.Is the design confidential or can/would you share the details? So much better than a bought one with the narrow part, although that is handy for ironing clothes and trousers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great design! Love the fabric choice and the blue paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ironing table! The fabric is so pretty. I like your idea of having it on castors so it's moveable.
    Your photos of the horses are beautiful. You might want to frame a few of them to hang in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at your horse pics! so beautiful!! Is there a guild in your new community for you to join and get to know some fellow quilters in your area??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it in that blue - excellent choice! And so it the fabric on top. Now you have a very nice piece of furniture in your studio - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the fabric for your ironing table...and great concept and execution! The horse photos are lovely, I'm glad we are continuing to be treated to your photographic eye where you live now! Sounds like things are coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent idea! It came out beautifully, perfect combination of fabric and paint color. Wish I needed one! Your neighbors hoeses are gorgeous! I wouldn’t mind having that view every day. You can keep the snow!

    ReplyDelete