Saturday, August 6, 2016

Our Videos from Churchill - I Lied!


Thought I would share these short videos I took on my camera that my son edited for me.  Remember I was on a boat going up and down so I hope they don't make you queasy.   I would recommend you click the full screen button on the bottom right of the each video (it shows up after you pressing play.) 


Here is the Snowy Owl being swooped at by the Arctic Terns.


Here is the best video of the Beluga Whales swimming by the boat.  We were laughing at the end as we saw one bird catch a fish and a second bird steal it from him.


And here is some clips that Tim took trying to get some underwater footage of the whales.  The boat kept rocking and he hand would come out of the water.  But you can see how close the belugas swim together and how they turn upside down to look at you!  At the last 20 seconds you can hear them!


5 comments:

  1. That whale song is the eeriest thing! You can see them actually opening their mouths to sing -- I didn't expect that. Amazing experience, Kathy, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the whales under water and their communication. So many more under water then are visible. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - all the photos and films are wonderful - the belugas are the happiest looking whales I've ever seen and my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your photos and videos with us, Kathy. I feel like I've gone on vacation with you, which is a good thing since I'm not likely to ever make it to Churchill to get those shots myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your great photos and videos - they're wonderful. That polar bear in the video was so cute! And the whales so amazing. What a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete