Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Lug Nuts #4


This is Sheri's Lug Nuts quilt that she was working on at our Swan River Retreat.  You can find this pattern in our Highway 10 Designs Etsy shop here.  I love the soft corals, beige and browns she used, very pretty.



Its hard to see the quilting design in these pictures as the sun has not been out for the last few days but I used the panto Allium.   Quilters Dream Blend batting and a coral So Fine thread on top and a beige Bottom Line on the back.  I had a Stonehenge backing that match her quilt top perfectly!



I had a fun encounter this morning with a very friendly fox. I was sitting at my kitchen table when it walked by on our deck so I grabbed my camera and even had time to add the zoom lens and went outside to get a few pictures.  It was startled at my presents at first as it was just resting under our bird feeder but just ran around the house and came back.  Then it started chasing squirrels in our yard and I cheered it on!   He walked right up to me, within 2 metres, which was too close for me so I stepped back a few steps to keep a comfortable distance.



He is a very healthy looking fox with a fluffly red coat.   




This last picture is my favorite.
My client Sheri who made this Lug Nuts quilt will probably get a kick out of these fox pictures as her maiden name is Fox!  How appropriate to get great pictures of this creature on the day I was posting her quilt pictures.


12 comments:

  1. Lug Nuts, superb fabrics together, but Mr Fox, he is definitely my pick of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt I find elegant and pretty, congratulations.
    But the fox is truly amazing,
    awesome.
    In what area is that skunk? and so much snow ...;)
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures of Sheri's quilt and Mr. Fox. I can hardly wait to see the coral thread quilting on this one. I am sure it is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the quilt and equally love the fox pictures! How exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Lug Nuts quilt. So pretty. And your pics of the fox are wonderful! We used to have one that would come and sit on the edge of the horse's trough and get a drink. They are such gorgeous animals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful quilt, and the backing you found is perfect for it. I enlarged the pictures, and your quilting is gorgeous too. The fox is very pretty too! As a child, I had an orphaned baby fox for a pet; at about 1 year of age, he got a little mean, so we donated him to the zoo, and visited him when we went there. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are so well done, whether they are of the quilts you do, or the Canadian wilderness. I often revisit posts just to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pictures of the fox, they are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this colorway for Lug Nuts! That really is a healthy fox.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pictures of the fox are fantastic!!! Such a beautiful animal and you got so many great photos of him/her.
    Love the quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is lovely and the photos are great but around here the local foxes have been killing the outside cats so they are not welcome when seen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely animal, but you trust them to come so close to your house..
    Such a wise animal to have nearby..

    ReplyDelete