Thursday, August 27, 2015

Christmas Raffle Quilts

ten1

Its that time of year again when our guild is gets ready for one of our big fundraisers.  Our town has a few large Craft Sale every year in November and we make sure to get a table at a few to sell tickets on Christmas quilts.  We do a One Day Raffle at each venue and that really gets tickets sales flying as everyone is excited to try to win the quilt that is being drawn that day.  This year we made two Perfect Ten quilts using the Home for the Holidays fabric collection by Riley Blake.

ten2

ten3

I quilted this first on with the Bora Bora pantograph and used green So Fine thread to match the lime green backing I dyed to match!  Hope the guild members like my bold choice, I thought it was fun!  But those that are not so keen on Lime Green will be happy to hear that I went with a more subdued backing on the second quilt.

ten4

Here is the second quilt, made using the same fabric line but a different selection of fabrics.   We had a fat quarter bundle and divided it in half to get the two quilts.  I used the Bubbles pantograph on this one, with white So Fine thread and a solid white backing.  The batting in both quilts is Hobbs 80/20.

ten5ten7

I thought it would be interesting to look back at all the Christmas Raffle quilts Iquilted for the guild. 

The first one was in 2010 and it was a beautiful Irish Chain quilt.

Irish 1

In 2011 we made another Perfect Ten quilt using Snowman fabrics.

snowman5

In 2012 we made the Cobblestone pattern using Christmas fabric with a black background.

cobblestone1

In 2013 we made a more modern Triangle quilt using the Jingle fabric collection.

raffle1

In 2014 we made two different quilt to have at two different Craft Sales.  The first one was the Bali Sea Star using a Christmas fabric collection.

raffle

The second one was the Good Tiding pattern using the Solstice fabric collection.  This one has been my personal favourite out of all of them.

good5

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts and the quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green background - just beautiful! You've done a fabulous job year after year with the quilting. I have to say, last year's Good Tidings is my favourite, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them all and I'm sure the raffles will be very successful.

    ReplyDelete