Sunday, May 31, 2015

Doo Da Daisy Quilt



This is Lorna's Doo Da Daisy quilt and the pattern is by Amy Bradley. This is the first of two she brought me and I have the second one on my machine right now.  One is pink flowers with a purple backing and the other is purple flowers with a pink backing...and no I didn't mix that up.  She requested that so both of the girls receiving the quilts will have both colors!



I quilted swirls in the horizontal sashing, CC's in the 16 patch, large pebbles in the flower background and centers and a loop design in the petals. 



 I used Quilters Dream Puff batting and White So Fine thread for most of the top. I changed to Pink So Fine to do the pink petals.



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love the pebbles around the flowers and would like to have a quilt with them one day, but the quilts I do don't seem to warrant the pebbles. Maybe one day!!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful quilting for Lorna's Doo Da Daisy quilt. There is such a happy feel to this quilt. I just finished looking at the same loop that you have in the petals done in a Dresden Plate blades by Amy Smart. I love the effect on both quilts. I have filed the design for future reference. Thank you. Great job, Lorna and Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I love your choice of colors, and the daisies always differents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the varying positioning of the daisy - a really fresh colour choice! And naturally your quilting makes again the icing on the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute quilt! You added just the right quilting to make it sing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those daisies are so interesting in their placement, of course the quilting makes the whole thing pop. Great job on a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute quilt, love it, as always your quilting makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable quilt! Your quilting really brings it to life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an adorable quilt for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete