Monday, July 14, 2014

Beginner Class

 m1

Back in June I taught a two day Beginner Quilting Class at our guild.    At our Quilt Show in April we advertised that we would be offering a Beginner class to all new members that join our guild and we had 12 people sign up and attend.  It was a great way to bring in new members to our group.   We chose the Mahjongg Quilt Pattern and this is the sample I made for my demonstration for the class.  Our guild has a blog as well that I now write and we post pictures of our Show and Tell so please feel free to follow that blog as well!  Here is the link - North Star Quilt Guild Blog.

m2

This will be a Comfort quilt that our guild will donate to a local charity and I’m sure a little boy will love this quilt!  I used the Popcorn panto and the guild gave me Hobbs 80/20 batting.  I usually don’t like Hobbs batting but this one was better than the last roll the guild purchased.  The loft is more even than on the last roll we had so that was nice to see! 

m3 m4

The weather has been cool, windy and rainy here  all week so I hope we are done with all that and I can start enjoying summer again!

m5

1 comment:

  1. That beginner class is a brilliant idea, also love the quilt you made!

    ReplyDelete