Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New Quilt Hanger

 hanger

This weekend I asked Tim if he could make me a quilt hanger so I didn’t have to bug him or the boys to hold my quilts for pictures.  I came up with the design and very happy with how it turned out. I wanted it to be able to hold any size quilt up to 100”x 100”.  The nice thing about the spot we put it in is that it is out of the wind unlike the dock, clothesline or deck.

hanger2

When I take pictures you don’t see the side pieces just the border the quilt is clamped too.

hanger3 Here is a picture of the back. There is a 2x6 attached at the bottom of the upright boards and I covered it with rocks to blend in with the rest of the retaining wall.  It is screwed into the large railway ties that are under the rocks and make up the retaining wall, that’s why I put fence boards around it, to cover up the ugly railway ties.

hanger4

The quilt I used to show off my quilt hanger was a guild Mystery project back in 2009 but I have never used this quilt, it has been folded up in the closet for all these years. So I have decided to try to sell it, along with a few more quilts  on Lori’s and my Highway 10 Designs Etsy shop.

Besides this quilt I’ll be selling one of my Isosceles Triangle baby quilts and a large Drunkards path wall hanging.

triangle3 circles2

7 comments:

  1. Восхитительно!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, but the purple is my favorite....it's just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the most awesome (outdoor) quilt hanging systems I've come across! Very spiffy looking.

    Give you husband a big, ol' hug and several "attaboys" for his accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did Tim find the time to make you that great quilt hanging system with all the work he is doing renovating the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique idea for a quilt hanger! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete