Thursday, February 21, 2013

Island Sunrise #4

   val1
This is Val’s Island Sunrise quilt that she made at our guild’s Judy Neimeyer workshop in the fall.  Love the combination of blue and browns in the batik fabrics she chose.  I used the panto called Mimosa, Lava thread and Quilters Dream Blend batting.

val2val3
We have had more snow and blowing snow so after I filled my boots up with snow taking these pictures along the shoreline I marched over to the rink to find my path yet gain filled in!   I’m really getting my shoveling skills perfected this winter!

snow1snow2
val4
val7val5
Val brought a lovely brown batik fabric for the backing.

val8val6

7 comments:

  1. Nice job on a beautiful quilt. I love the pic you took where there's just the quilt laying flat on the ice, with no snow showing. You caught so much depth that it almost looks 3D. Very nice.
    Jen/AK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so, so wonderful.
    Liebe Grüße Grit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally blue is not my favorite colour, but in this colour combination it is so beautiful. What a great quilt.
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a beautiful quilt. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really striking! Nice movement with the quilting. They way photographed it, takes it to another level!

    ReplyDelete