Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Shades of Gray


This is Judy's quilt and she just requested it be quilted with a pantograph and left the choice up to me.   I knew the quilting would not show up that much on the front but you would see it on the gray Minkie fabric on the back.    I chose Flourish and used gray So Fine thread.  I love how the design show up on the Minkie!


This is a good post to share one of my current project with you too.  I thought I would be brave and venture away from my favourite batik fabrics and try something new. I have a friend who is expecting a baby in July and I wanted to make them a baby quilt that didn't shout "baby quilt".   I picked a charm pack collection by Moda called Sunkissed and added gray for the background.  Yes I blame Jenny for this purchase!  I don't think I have ever bought gray fabric before but I really like it.


I have all the blocks made using the Lil' Twister ruler and just have to sew those together.
The white and gray fabric will be the backing.

6 comments:

  1. The blocks are so cute. It is going to look lovely when it is made up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pattern looks so pretty. Love the minky on the back. Was it hard to quilt? I love your Twister blocks. That is a great idea! Can't wait to see what the finished quilt looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that one too! I don't have that pattern..I'll have to add that to my Kathy patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I just bought the little twister so I can't wait to see your results!! You do wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pattern Kathy, I really like the back of the quilt, looks easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shades of Grey looks great! Jenny has me wanting to try grey as well. Kathy, I like the colors you picked for your Lil' Twister blocks. I must "arm twist" you for the ruler at the next meeting... ha ha! G

    ReplyDelete