Sunday, December 5, 2010

Remember This One

Well my Winner's Bouquet quilt it is still not quilted.    I believe I post a picture of it in May when I finished piecing it and the 'sit and share' design method that I have been using for 8 months hasn't helped too much.  So today I got it out and posted a few pictures on a quilting forum to get some ideas going. I know what I want to do in the colored batik shapes it is the beige background with it's odd shape that has me stumped.  One quilter suggested repeating the football shape and fill it with pebbles and that got me thinking of a few designs.  So here is what I have doodled so far using my plexiglass design board. Is this design too 'over the top' for this quilt?


Which do you prefer the design in the left football or right football?  And if you have any suggestions on how to quilt this one I would be very happy to hear them.

I'm starting to think I'm crazy for wanting to quilt this design on a queen size quilt ( 94"x110").  It's a biggy.


5 comments:

  1. I am still very attracted to this quilt design and your colour choices. Your quilting plans for the beige look great but as you say they are quite ambitious. I prefer the right hand football design. How involved is quilting in the darker areas going to be? Will the balance between the two areas be there? I know whatever designs you choose this is going to be a very special quilt. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that turned out great! I like the design on the right. I'll email you another version of that shape and how I quilted it. You could also carry that curved line through your center diamond to the next oval. That might accentuate the circle. I'm sure what ever you do will look great! You do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design on the left. As for being crazy to do this on a queen quilt, I think not. It didn't get pieced overnight. Take your time and you will be thrilled with the results. It will be wonderful and so worth all the work you will put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this top!

    as for me, i like the football on the right

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kathy,
    I would quilt feathers in the football spaces, maybe with a small mellon shape in the center to give you something to go off. Then I would feather the centers like you would a sqaure. That being said, I do Love your design! It will be a time consumer, no matter what, but worth it! Cant wait to see it done!

    ReplyDelete